What if my windows don't tilt in? or
What if my windows don't close completely? or
What if my sash doesn't operate correctly?
There are a few reasons why your window may not close completely or if your sash doesn't operate correctly. Please check your window for the following:
For Double Hung Windows:
Disengaged Pivot Bar
Engaged Pivot Bar
NOTE: Housings in track must be parallel to each other to disengage the brake. For a larger view of the photos to the right, you may click on them.
- Check to see if any of the two pieces of metal (pivot bar) described above have broken, leaving fragments in the bottom of the track. If your pivot bar is broken, you may order a replacement part »
- Check to see if any part of the vinyl on the sash or in the track has been cracked or sustained damage.
For Casement Windows:
- We recommend, in our Easy Care Tips, that you clean and lubricate the hinges at least twice a year. If you haven't lubricated the mechanical portion (crank mechanism & hinges), please do so with a light oil.
- Check the operating arms to see if they have become bent or unfastened from the unit or sash itself.
- Check to see if the window sash lock keeper comes in contact with the lock itself.
If you have checked your window for all of the above circumstances and it still does not close or operate correctly, please call Field Service at 1-800-822-0437, fill out our Customer Service Inquiry Form or e-mail us. Please be prepared to provide us with the following product information:
- Order Number
- Product Type
- Date the Product was Installed
- Description of the Defect
The product information can be found on your unit's warranty label.